No matter how much wishful thinking I do, this weight doesn't lose itself.
I know, shocking, right?
So I'm back at it again.
Back in January, I started working out again and eating better.
My regime lasted until March and then I went back to being
Yup, I lost about 10 pounds in less than 2 months and then stopped working out.
And now 3 pounds have found me again.
But it's time. I am just not happy with myself and it's never going to change if I sit around reading and not moving enough a day.
So to motivate myself, and hopefully a few other people, here are my top 5 reasons why I need to stick with it this time and loss this extra weight.
1) I want to be healthy: Shouldn't that be at the top? I don't really like the idea of having high cholesterol, heart disease, or any of the other numerous health problems associated with being overweight.
2) I want to be a role model to my kids: It's sort of hard to lecture your children about the importance of eating right and getting enough exercise. Unless I want to be like my mother and adopt the motto "do as I say, not as I do". (Note: my mother is actually really healthy. She works out and eats almost nothing bad... which I find horribly boring and limited. She mainly used that motto when it came to driving and swearing.)
3) I want more energy: I would love to be able to run a half marathon... or even walk that far without looking for a big, fat Cherry Coke and some shade. I may never be a runner, but I'd love to have the energy to do it. I want to be able to play Tag with the kids and not quit so early.
4) I miss shopping: I haven't really bought myself any clothing in several years. I've bought a few shirts here and there but nothing else. I want to but then I think "if I lose weight in the next few months, I will have wasted money on these new items and they'll just head to Goodwill". So I just don't buy anything. BUT I WANT TO. And Fall will be here soon which means the jeans come back out. I had one pair that still fit right but they are no longer with us. I wore them so much, the material actually started to wear out and they just died at the end of this past winter. RIP, favorite 7 Jeans.
5) I want my confidence back: At one point in my life, I weighed between 130-135 pounds. I felt better about myself then and I miss that feeling. I want to be okay with my husband taking my picture on trips. I am making the kids photo books for this summer and I'm not in a single photo. Not one. (At Disney last summer, I had PhotoPass photos taken... and let's just say that Momma wasn't happy with the photos when they were uploaded and almost became a drinker. Also, wearing white just made me look even wider.)
I am updating the weight info when it changes in my Rocky Road to Healthy tab at the top of the page. I am honest about it... even if I don't like it.
Am I alone in this weight loss hell?