Wow. This Wednesday, it's been 3 years since my husband and I tied the knot.
Time stands still for no one.
In honor of the day that I married the most amazing man that I have ever known, I am posting a few pics from our wonderful day. There will be 3 posts total, one for each year of marriage. The final post will be on Wednesday, our 3rd wedding anniversary.
I was nervous. As much as I talk, I actually don't like being the center of attention. And the thought of everyone at the wedding staring at me all day/night was making me want to vomit.
Our photographer had a few problems with me before the wedding. I just couldn't relax. Wasn't happening, no matter what she or anyone else said to me.
I remember getting my hair and make-up done, watching My Big Fat Greek Wedding on TV in the hotel. That was about the only thing that kept me calm.
Want to see some pics?
1) Me and my mommy
2) Being my normal self while my mom and best friend tried to get my dress on me from the bottom up. But that damn tulle skirt wasn't allowing that. Hence, my crossing one eye.
3) This picture is hysterical to me. They decided that over my head would be the best way to get the dress on but watch out for my hair!
The ladies, waiting:
1) My soon to be mother-in-law, and my twin nieces, Bug and Noodle.
2) Bug wearing her "getting ready hoodie" that I had made for all of the bridesmaids
and the moms. That skyline logo is the same skyline at the bottom of each of my posts. A friend of ours made it for us. (He's a graphic designer.) I watermark the crap out of it because it's ours.
3) Peanut watching cartoons as she gets her hair done.
4) Button being sassy. Both her and Peanut had their own sweats...
pink hoodie and pants that said "Flower Girl" on the back with little tiaras on the front.
My husband and I had already planned do to a "first look". Good thing we did, thinking back. It was the only thing that calmed both of us down before the big show. After that, I was able to relax.
1) Sneaking up on him. I thought for sure he'd hear the mountains of tulle coming his way.
2) I think I startled him. Hahahaha
3) His reaction to being startled was to laugh. Better than throwing something at me!
4) Finally calming down and ready to get it all started.
Since we saw each other before the wedding, we were able to get all of the family and bridal party pics out of the way, before the reception. As a wedding guest in the past, I always hated waiting for hours for the bride, groom, and bridal party to come in and get the party started.
Top, left to right:
My husband, the kids, and me with my mom and step-dad.
My husband, the kids, and me with my mother-in-law, father-in-law, and brother-in-law.
Me with my mom, who looked SO beautiful. She was glowing.
Bottom, left to right:
The 3 loves of my life.
My friend and her twins, Bug and Noodle. (They are now taller than BOTH of us. So upset.)
My beautiful girls, who were the best behaved kids at the place.
Tomorrow's post will be about the details!